About Me

My photo
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I am a Montreal-based actor, writer and comedian. When U.S. President John F. Kennedy was shot, I was three days old. I cried all day. My favourite books of all time are Moby Dick by Herman Melville, The Last Temptation by Nikos Kazantzakis and The Ewoks Fun Time Activity Book by Chirpa and Pamploo. I am a member of The Vestibules, On The Spot Improv and The Best Buy Battery Club. Except for the Battery Club, I've been at all this stuff for over 20 years. Enjoy my blog.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Weekly Goofy Movie Clip "An Oh-So-Young Chris Walken"


Here's a clip of a very young Christopher Walken.

Walken is, of course, best known for his roles in such seminal films as A View to a Kill, Heaven's Gate and Joe Dirt.

This is a scene from an episode of the original Hawaii Five-O TV series. The episode, entitled "Run Johnny Run", first aired January 14, 1970 during the series' second season.







Walken would have been about 27 years old when this episode was shot.

It is clear that Walken's talent and definitive acting style were already firmly in place even then. He is so good that, like many good actors, he raises the game of everyone around him. Case in point is series star Jack Lord. Lord, an actor whose performances could sometimes be as stiff as his hairpiece, is just a little better when he is on screen with the young Walken.

And, yes, I know, this is not technically a "movie" clip. Talk to my Internet branding advisers about it.

Check back here next week for another Weekly Goofy Movie Clip.

Same Bat Time...ish

Same Bat Blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment